All about meat
The All about meat resources provide up-to-date, accurate and clear information and teaching resources on red meat. These have been designed to support Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 students.
- This is meat – an introduction to the structure and composition of meat
- Meat types and cuts - a summary of the different types of meat cuts and suitable cooking techniques
- Meat storage and preparation - key information on shelf life, safety and hygiene, methods of heat transfer and the changes meat undergoes when being cooked
- Meat and the consumer - insight into the key considerations made by consumers when buying red meat
- Meat and health – basic nutrition information and the role of red meat in the diet
- Livestock farming and meat production in England and Wales – an overview of livestock farming for meat production
- All about me - an introduction to the 8 tips for healthy eating.
Links are also made to other Meat and Education resources, allowing easy access to videos, recipes and interactive activities.